[IP] Any other vegan pumpers?

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on this list.  This is my first list
since my short bio.  I have been a type 1 diabetic for 34+ years.  I am
fortunate to
still have no complications, for which I am very thankful.  I have been pumping
around ten years, and I love being on a pump!!

Around 6 years ago I changed my diet to exclude all animal products and added
fats.  Within one week, I had to lower my basal rate to half what it had
been!!  It has
stayed low ever since.  I am a firm believer in this kind of diet for everyone,
especially diabetics (both type 1s and 2s).

I'm just curious if anyone else has tried this regime.  If not, I'd certainly
giving it a try.  I grew up on lots of dairy and meat products, but I must say
I feel
much better since I gave them up.  What's even stranger is I honestly don't miss
them.  Diabetes comes with so many risks for other health problems,  so it
sense to me to treat my body with the healthiest diet possible.  (I got started
this after reading one of John McDougall's excellent books.)