[IP] Great book for parents

Just wanted to tell you other parents about a great book I just read.  I
got it from my local library, so you might be able to also.  It is called
GROWING UP WITH DIABETES:  WHAT CHILDREN WANT THEIR PARENTS TO KNOW.  It
was written by a now 21 year old woman who was diagnosed at age 11.  It
explores how kids feel about a variety of dm subjects through her own life
experiences and comments from other kids.  It made me really sit down and
talk with Jessica about some things that I never would have thought of
before.  And I have to admit I learned a few things about the way she feels
and will try to correct myself :)  Just wanted to pass this on.  BTW, it is
published with part of the proceeds going to the Juvenile Diabetes
Foundation when you purchase it.

Nita in Texas
Mom of Jessica Type 1 for 5 1/2 yrs.  Pumping Humalog
email @ redacted
http://www.LCC.net/~herring