Subject: RE: MiniMed FeedBak
Author:  ,Jack Joy [SMTP:email @ redacted] at INTERNET
Date:    08/10/98 03:15 PM

Eugenia,

Yes, I know it seems like a waste of a lot of plastic. MiniMed has
considered the separate cannula packaging, but my understanding is that for
now they are going to stay with one tubing/cannula package. The issues are
two: 1, MiniMed wants to encourage people to change the WHOLE infusion set
each time they do a change, as the older the infusion tubing gets, the more
degraded insulin will have collected in it, possibly contributing to more
occlusions, and 2, there really isn't a cost justification for MiniMed to
stock two inventory units instead of one.

Thanks,

Jack

At 09:37 AM 8/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>     Hi Jack,
>
>     I do purchase the Silhouettes with 10 cannulas and 5 sets of tubings.
>     If you go into the site Insulin Pumper's Digest you will see that
>     pumper's are constantly complaining about leftover tubing. Are you
>     suggesting that it is less expensive to throw the tubing away rather
>     than box cannulas separately? In the Digest pumper's are coming up
>     with all kinds of ways to use their leftover tubing e.g. connecting
>     the tubing across country in mass.
>
>     I understand MiniMed's reluctance but I still think it should be
>     considered.
>
>     Sincerely,
>

>     Eugenia R. Gracer

>_________________________________
>Subject: Re: MiniMed FeedBak
>Author:  ,Jack Joy [SMTP:email @ redacted] at INTERNET
>Date:    08/07/98 03:33 PM
>

>Eugenia,
>
>You can purchase, from MiniMed, the Silhouettes in boxes with 10 cannulas
>and 5 tubings, for a small discount.  In reality, there is not much
savings,

>as the tubings are not nearly as expensive to make as the cannula. MiniMed
>has found it really is less expensive to include the tubing with all
>cannulas, as doing anything else would require different packaging and
>inventory and FDA submittals, etc.
>
>Thanks for stopping by,
>
>Jack Joy
>MiniMed Webmaster
>

>>Comments:
>>Why is it that MiniMed does not have just the cannulas. It is my
>understanding that a company called Chronimed does carry such a product.
You