Re: [IP] Diabetes Prevention- HELP

> My limited knowledge of this (which may be less than yours) was that the
> ultralente was not "resting" the pancreas as such, but rather the
> ultralente would prompt some sort of beneficial response from the immune
> system, and thus prevent onset. It's all highly speculative.
Yes, that is the hypothesis they are testing. If that is true, there
would be no benefit to using a pump at all. The pancreas is
still doing all the work regulating the bg levels anyway, with the
addition of lente insulin, it just does not have to produce as much.

A pump might actually be a bad idea, too easy to overwhelm the body
regulatory systems if too much insulin is infused.