>In a message dated 8/7/98 1:10:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted
><< This did not
> surprise me since I have never called any company where the problem I had
> ever reported before.
>      ROFLMAO!!!!!! How true!!!

I'll bet that's because in Customer Support training 101, they are always
told to tell callers that they are the only ones to have that problem
(whatever it is). However, it really throws the Customer Support Rep. if
you already know that others have reported the same thing, and you then
tell them that. Usually there is a long pause... and then... oh, maybe we
have gotten a couple of reports on that. Then, a fix is often quickly on
its way.

(Who works in Customer Support and always is always truthful with callers.