[IP] Humalog vs Regular

I have an appointment on Aug 21 to be hooked up to my pump "For Real."   I
asked the nurse if I would be able to use humalog right away and she told me
that the doctor has never done that because it is not approved yet
(liability reasons).

How can I get her to make an exception in my case?  I have been using
humalog for over a year now and would hate to have to deal with the insulin
peak timing issue again.  Any suggestions?