[IP] What Do I Do Next?

Well, I finally saw the new Endo Wednesday (8/5).  He seemed to be
nice.  We talked a great deal about the advantages and disadvantages of
pumps.  He indicated that he definitely prefers the MiniMed pumps.  He
didn't, however, commit to prescribing the pump for me yet.  He ordered
a bunch of tests and said he would discuss things further with me when
he gets the results back (should be Friday or Monday).

My question -- When do I get the MiniMed rep involved in the process.
Should I get him to talk to the Doc and try to sway him towards
prescribing me the pump?  Or, should I wait until the Doc prescribes the
pump and then ask the MiniMed rep to help me go to battle with the
insurance company (HMO)?

BTW, the Doc said that the fact I am so well controlled with my MDI
routine (6-8 or more injections daily) that the insurance might say that
if I can control it that way, why do I need a pump?  Apparently they
don't understand how hard I work with BG tests and injections (and
living by the alarm clock for the Ultralente injections).  I feel like I
might be punished for doing a good job!

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

		For a healthy heart ...
		Give your Faith a workout!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted

"Sue's Plain Vanilla HomePage"