Re: [IP] New Pumper With Questions

At 02:22 PM 08/06/1998  Stuart Pelcyger wrote:
>My questions are:
>    1)    The hose develops a sharp bend were it comes out of the
>reservoir. Has anyone had delivery problems because of this?

I try an move the pump & tubing so that the bend is more like a wide loop
coming off the side, rather than a sharp bend. I know it doesn't hide the
tubing as well, but I figure having a good flow is more important than
appearances. I've never had anyone even question my pump, when I've been in
public. (People must think that the tubing is just some sort of fancy
beeper antenna).

>    2)    What about having the hose caught between your body and
>a belt that is tight.

My tubing loops under my belt, but I try not to tighten the belt too much.
(I don't like my belt too tight anyhow). I've had the tubing kink and stop
delivery so you need to make sure that it's not caught, bent or pinched

>    3)    When your insertion site is on the left side do you
>keep the pump on the left and the reverse?  If not what about the
>extra tubing going across?

I've actually thought about that, but decided to keep it on my left side at
all times. This just makes it easier for me (I can find it in the dark). I
then just loosely string the tubing across to the pump side. It hasn't
caused any problems, although having the tubing going across from right to
left sometimes can get a little awkward for us men. (Has anyone ever caught
their tubing in their zipper? I just about did the other day... but stopped
just in time. Now that would make a funny story...)

>I have already learned a great deal from this group.

Me too... I've only been pumping for 2 months and this group has helped me