Re: [IP] Getting all the bubbles out

Richard Aleksander wrote:
> What techniques do pumpers use to get the bubbles out of the syringe /
> cartridges, when filling them from insulin vials?

Mostly "tilt, tap, push, tilt, tap, push until they're gone. That is,
tilt the syringe to get the bubbles in the throat, tap gently on the
side if they don't want to move and harder if they still don't, then
after they get into the tube at the end push the plunger up.

Now a caveat on this. The insulin will have fewer micro-bubbles
appering in it AFTER all of this if it's warmed up to something like
room temperature. I usually run warm water over the vial for a minute
or so to do this. That avoids much of the problem.

Ted Quick