Re: [IP] health insurance

I too use Home Medical Supply.  They carry everything I need and more.
I recently had a question about antiseptics after I experienced a staph
infection.  They transferred me to the nurse (who also uses a pump).
She was great!!  They bill my insurance company direct and bill me for
the co-pays.  No hassles.  I really like them.  Thanks to who ever on
this list mentioned Home Medical Supply back this spring.

Becky D.

Bonnie Richardson wrote:
> Brad,
> You have had a hard time, haven't you?  I don't know what pump you are
> using, but Mini med did all the work for me, got the approval, handled the
> insurance, etc.  All this was done through a company called Home Medical
> Supply, Director is Eric Simon, 1-800-726-3059, ext 120.  They did and
> continue to do an outstanding job for me.  I call them when I need
> supplies, they send it within a few days and bill my insurance company and
> I pay on a monthly payment plan.  Usually I just catch up when it is time
> to reorder.  They are unfailingly courteous and helpful.   I have not been
> able to find another supplier who does all this for me.  The one I tried
> which I found in Forecast didn't work out as well.  I have not been able to
> do much price comparison.
> Again, welcome to the group!
> Bonnie
> ----------
> From: Brad Bell <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] health insurance
> Date: Tuesday, August 04, 1998 9:40 PM
> Insurance is wonderful. I was just put on the pump awhile back. I told the
> company supplying the pump, "Insurance first, then send me the pump.".
> Within one week I had the pump. I thought I had the best, most
> understanding
> insurance company in the world. They actually wanted to help me prevent
> complications they would have to pay for. Yesterday I get a letter from my
> insurance company. We are sorry but your claim has been denied. What !!!
> Were did I get the pump. I almost blew a gasket. The company I bought the
> pump from says they have approval and not to worry. I'm not too upset now.
> I've got the pump they have the lawyers to talk with the insurance. They
> will have to pry the pump from my cold dead fingers.
> But the way, is there a supplier for infusion set and such? I may need a
> new
> source.
> Brad

Becky Draper