Re: [IP] Weight Gain?

I have *lost* weight on the pump.  Although I will admit to taking
advantage of the ease of eating high carb items while pumping, I think I am
actually eating less sugary stuff overall.

The biggest difference with the pump, diet-wise, I think, is the fact that
I am not hungry all the time.  I used to be hungry just about constantly
(and esp. craved sweets), except for the occasional short periods when my
blood sugar was stable and in a decent range.  Now, I think my appetite is
more normal.  I do not crave sweets as I did before.  There are times when
I would *expect* to be hungry, when I'm not (and now I don't *have* to
eat).  In fact, what tipped me off to a site problem recently was that I
suddenly found myself again craving sweets (when I tested, my BG was in the
high 300s!)

Not to say that you will have this same result, but I wouldn't assume that
you will gain weight either.

Good luck!

--Laurel (pumping with MM 507 since 5/15/98)