Re: [IP] tape not sticking

At 09:26 AM 08/05/1998  Sunanda Kundu wrote:
>Hi Sue,
>   I have the same problem with Silhouette. Often it begins to loose at
>the edges. Please tell me where you got the "Duct tape". What is WD40?
>Pls let me know.

Duct tape (often misspelled "duck tape") was originally what it's name
implies... used for sealing heating & cooling air ducts. It is typically a
wide, silver-colored, heavy and very sticky tape that has been found useful
for just about everything. In fact, using duct tape for all sorts of odd
and strange purposes has become a standard joke in the U.S.

WD-40 is a brand name for a spray-on lubricant. It is usually used around
the house or garage to lubricate everything from doors to toys. It was
brought into the conversation just for fun. I don't think anyone actually
uses it for pumping purposes. (I know MiniMed expressly tells you NOT to
lubricate the lead screw).

Ted apparently uses the duct tape as an emergency measure to keep things in
place. Although this use has not been standard practice by most of us, Ted
seems to be happy blazing his own trail of discovery.