Re: [IP] SQUARE WAVE and HUMALOG ?

Art,
I don't know if I have gastroperises or not, but I have used the square wave bolus since I have had the pump(11/97). I used to experience lows within 2 hours after eating, to correct this I started taking half while eating and the other half in a square wave bolus that lasts one hour. This usually gives me pretty good readings.
Anyone else do this?
Carol

Is anyone else using MiniMeds' square wave bolus feature (507)?

I have gastroperisis (stomach nerve damage) which causes my food to be absorbed at almost twice as long as normal.  I find that Humalog reacts too fast,  so I deliver my bolus over a 90 minute period, unless I'm having a lot of simple sugars in my meal, then I will deliver part of my bolus immediately, and the rest over the 90 mins.

I have noted that some pumpers are mixing humalog/reg etc...is this the way to go, and are these people doing it for similar reasons as mine?

I would like to here any other suggestions for dealing with my situation.

Art
IDDM 31yrs
pumping 11yrs
40yrs old