RE: [IP] confessions I'm not proud of

There are many reports and medical studies re: this very issue.
Diabetic,  female adolescents seem to be at higher risk for this
behavior (a form of an eating disorder) according to the studies I read.
I recall reading that this was an eating disorder, but it could not
really be diagnosed by the DSM IV as such b/c it does not meet the
criteria.  Also, some of the studies said that "catching" this behavior
is difficult, b/c the medical drs. think the patient is merely out of
control with the blood sugars, versus trying to lose weight.,  while the
counselors/psychologists dont usually have enough information about
diabetes to understand what that the patient is using their diabetes to
lose weight.   In other words, they dont even know that this can be
done.   Its an interesting issue.  Rachel, type one 15 yrs.