Re: [IP] Weight Gain?

Well before I went on the pump my endo said that some of his patients gain
weight and some lose weight, and then again some stay about the same after
going on the pump.  Like John, I kept weight pretty constant, despite
actually eating less on the pump.  Because on the pump you are forced to
match your food intake to your insulin much better than with MDI, you
obviously have complete control over how fat you want to be.   Just another
advantage we pumpers have over normals and even other diabetics.

<<<<<<<<<From: "Bonnie Richardson" <email @ redacted>

I have read and was told by my Endo that the average weight gain when going
on the pump and is the result of getting good control of bgs was 10 lbs.
This doesn't happen to everyone.  But when it does, physicians are not
alarmed as it is viewed by them as part of getting good control on the

I would think, though I did not read or hear this from Endo, that that
weight would eventually come off.

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205