Re: [IP] health insurance

Michael wrote:
> > Yes, New federal law says if you had coverage with a company, and you
> > transfer to a new company, the insurance company there has to take you with
> > no waiting period (no pre-existing condition clause).
> The new question is: does this apply to dependent coverage under both
> work and private policies??

As I understand it, whoever had coverage on the old policy must be accepted on
new one with no waiting period. Too bad I couldn't afford to include my wife on
old policy, now we have some bills from her doc and chiropractor since moving
and they're excluding her since she wasn't covered before!

Ted Quick