Re: [IP] health insurance

> If you already have coverage, they are required to cover you.
>....   Don't know any more about this though.
I received a policy amendment just a week or two ago. The new
CONDITIONS of COVERAGE statement reads:
"In addition, the new plan may offer other types of coverage outside
the transfer program which may require a medical examination or
health statement. If he new plan has a preexisting conditions
exclusion, time enrolled in this Preferred Plus Plan will be credited
toward the new Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan's waiting period."

the sections DROPPED read:
"require a medical examination or health statement to exclude
coverage for preexisting conditions, and not apply credit for the
time enrolled int his plan's waiting period."

> However, previous coverage as someone else's dependant doesn't always
> count.

> Last I checked Blue Cross says no way, it must be your policy, not a
> parent or spouse.  Aetna I thought said spouses but not grown children.
Hmmm..... that may be changing, worth checking out.