Re: [IP] health insurance

If you already have coverage, they are required to cover you.   I didn't
pay much attention to waiting periods -- anything 12 months or under was
better than no insurance and marginally doable.  I didn't come across any
with more than 12 months and they may now waive the waiting period b/c of
new congressional legislation.   Don't know any more about this though.

However, previous coverage as someone else's dependant doesn't always
count.  8 years ago, when I turned 24 (after having had my Dad put me back
on his insurance in grad school) I lost coverage and this did not work.
Kaiser's current info package says they will continue coverage of
dependants or spouses or allow you to convert it to independant coverage.
Last I checked Blue Cross says no way, it must be your policy, not a
parent or spouse.  Aetna I thought said spouses but not grown children.