Re: [IP] Weight Gain?

That depends.  If you have had loose control before and the pump provides you
tighter control, the tighter control can initially make you gain weight -- you
will be getting the calories from a larger portion of the food you eat.   The
period of time when you are regulating your doses can make you gain a little
wieght too -- from the highs and lows corrections.  Whenever this happens to
me, I find that that weight disappears quickly and effortlessly once my doses
are correct again.   Then, of course, there is the "all the things you
couldn't eat before problem".  If  you can hold yourself strictly the first
5-6 months to eating only when you're hungry and in reasonable portions, this
will be less of a problem.  Of course anyone who drinks Dairy Queen milkshakes
regularly without rigorously burning off the calories is going to gain
weight.  You don't have to be diabetic or on an insulin pump for that.