[IP] Weight Gain?

I was told by fellow diabetic that several years ago when she was
considering the pump - she was warned by the pump rep that she would gain
5-10 pounds.

So, my question is:  will I gain weight automatically or will this happen
only if I take advantage of the "eat what and when I want to"?

I was looking forward to eating less and losing weight - though this will
not change my decision for pump therapy - I would like a head's up if this
is the case.

Looking forward to lots of  comments.