[IP] Showering w/pump

Hi Barb,

Clamping etc. was a method for pre-disconnect days. In the rare case that I
can't disconnect (using up old one piece sets or giving myself a longer
bolus) I use the shower-allower by Unique pump accessories (she makes a lot
of other nifty stuff too -- www.uniaccs.com) or the sport case provided by

As far as changing sites, I'm a little confused as to what you are doing -
but I use one fill per week per two sites. I change the site midway
throught the week when the reservoir is half way down. this system works
quite well and my site area will start itching if I go longer than this
period in one spot. So I'm not attaching a new reservoir but rather putting
a new canula in twice as often as the reservoir change. This cuts the whole
refilling procedure to once a week, or at least per 5-6 days. I don't pay
exact attention to this, since it varies with my insulin use, weight, level
of activity, etc.

By cautious trial and error, I think each person has to establish their
site tolerance, such as the one I use that does work for me. I certainly
tried longer and shorter routines too.

Good luck,