Re: [IP] pacificCare and Kaiser in Bay Area, CA

I and others I know, including a sister, have had bad experiences with
Kaiser. This was way before I was diagnosed with IDDM. I know people who
are satisfied with them, but they would have to be my ONLY choice!

On the other hand, I've been mistreated by other HMOs too. Kaiser has just
been the MOST incompetent.

It occurred to me the other day that the money part of the medical
establishment has no love for chronic sufferers who also have the
likelihood to live long lives. We're expensive, and yet we're vocal and
feisty enough to carry on for a long time.

I often feel that I'm getting the not so subtle message to just go away!
Which makes me angry for all those years without IDDM when I didn't really
use medical insurance very much.

So tell me I'm just a little paranoid! But the battles, chores, and
paperwork get to me.