[IP] Switching insulin

Hi.  I have been on the insulin pump since May 4th.  My A1c has come down
1.7 points already.  My control has never been better.  This group has been
very supportive.  I have two questions today.

I started on Velosulin.  My doctor gave me an RX for Humalog.  He said my
basal rates would stay the same (I have four rates in 24 hours).  I was
under the impression that I might need to make a slight adjustment since
the timing action of the insulins is different.  What has your experience

Also, I prime my set and there are no bubbles in the tubing.  I put the
reservoir in the pump (MiniMed) and lock the driver arms into place.  I get
ready to give the .5 unit bolus and viola there is a huge bubble at the end
of the set (silhouette) where it connects.  I need to bolus another one to
two units to push the air out.  How is this air getting sucked in at the
end of the set.  Am I doing something wrong?

Kim Hinckel