Re: [IP] Here's a question...

On 30 Jul 98 at 12:52, Mike Anderson wrote:

> I've been donating blood for years, the last 3 while on the pump.  It
> has never been a problem with the Red Cross or me.  The bg's don't seem
> to be affected by it at all. It's a good thing to do.  I recommend it.

I've offerred to donate for several years at the Red Cross blood
drives at work and have always been refused because I take insulin.
Their donor questionaire lists insulin-dependent diabetics along with
a bunch of other conditions that disqualify you to give blood.  It
sounds like the rules vary from place to place...
Randall P. Winchester

* misunderstood something.