Re: [IP] Mixing H and V

email @ redacted wrote:
> My 3 year old son is doing pretty well on Humulog in his pump however we have
> some highs around 10 am and 4 pm.  When I check his basals by him fasting the
> numbers stay good.  The insulin to carb ratio works fine the rest of the day.
> My doctor has heard you can mix H and Regular, but hasn't done it before.  Do
> those of you that mix feel based on what I've told you, that my son might
> benefit from mixing?

Perhaps, but wouldn't it be simpler to increase the basal rate for those times?

What would a good ratio be to start with?

I'm not sure. I use 5 to 1 myself, but that isn't aimed at changing the rate
but to make the Humalog survive longer. A smaller difference would likely be in
order, perhaps starting with 4 to 1.

Ted Quick