[IP] Mixing H and V

My 3 year old son is doing pretty well on Humulog in his pump however we have
some highs around 10 am and 4 pm.  When I check his basals by him fasting the
numbers stay good.  The insulin to carb ratio works fine the rest of the day.
My doctor has heard you can mix H and Regular, but hasn't done it before.  Do
those of you that mix feel based on what I've told you, that my son might
benefit from mixing? What would a good ratio be to start with?  I would
appreciate any comments about mixing so I can be as informed as possible when
I talk to the doctor this week.  Thank you!
Kathy S.