Hose reel, was Re: [IP] Pumping Insulin Book

Sam Skopp wrote:

> >> You know, I've thought of that same thing. Something like a garden hose
> >> reel (except a bunch smaller). If it was spring-loaded, then the tubing
> >> would roll right back up each time. I'll bet that it wouldn't be hard
> >> design and virtually every pumper would want one. Any engineers out
> there?
> >
> >Me! Hmmm, I've made a few molds for plastic parts over the years, since
> it's my
> >job. Don't think it would be too difficult, just a bit expensive.
> I'm guessing that most of the expense would be in the initial prototype,
> set-up and design. Right? Just curious, what kind of cost are we talking
> about if we could produce them in some sort of quantity? Over or under
> $50.00? (I assume the final cost would be a sliding scale, depending on the
> actual number produced).

I really need to figure out a basic design before I could even begin to
guesstimate it. Production molds tend to cost thousands of dollars, so a
large run is needed to cover costs. I'll get back to you when some ideas
have settled a bit.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted