Re: [IP] Pumping Insulin Book

At 04:50 PM 08/02/1998  Ted Quick wrote:
>Sam Skopp wrote:
>> >Btw - is there any appliance for rolling up excess line?  If not there
>> >should be.
>> You know, I've thought of that same thing. Something like a garden hose
>> reel (except a bunch smaller). If it was spring-loaded, then the tubing
>> would roll right back up each time. I'll bet that it wouldn't be hard
>> design and virtually every pumper would want one. Any engineers out
>Me! Hmmm, I've made a few molds for plastic parts over the years, since
it's my
>job. Don't think it would be too difficult, just a bit expensive.

I'm guessing that most of the expense would be in the initial prototype,
set-up and design. Right? Just curious, what kind of cost are we talking
about if we could produce them in some sort of quantity? Over or under
$50.00? (I assume the final cost would be a sliding scale, depending on the
actual number produced).

Can we form some sort of a pump-reel cooperative to help absorb the costs
and spread the risk?