Re: [IP] pacificCare and Kaiser in Bay Area, CA

     We have had similar experiences with Kasier.  My husband had been very
ill. They diagnosed his condition as a form of genetic arthritis.  On a
suspicion we insisted that the doctor test him for hepatitis. When the test
came back positive they told him that he has chronic active hepatitis b. Since
Hep. B is so contageious, I panicked. He could have been responsible for
infecting hundreds if this was the case. When I called to have blood work done
for me, they looked at my husdand's records and said that he has hep. C. Still
serious, but not as serious as B. Hep C is blood borne.  I was tested and came
up negative, but it took three weeks to get that bit of news.  Kasier refuse
to treat my husband aggressively with this disease and now he is just getting
the referrals to receive proper medical care. This is after we changed
insurances. As for managed diabetes care. I was told that I was too controlled
to qualify for the pump. My new doctor put me on the pump almost immediately.