[IP] Medicare and Pump Problem

I started on Medicare in December. I have an Animas pump whose warranty
expired this past Saturday, so I started the process for a Tandem pump on
April 1.

Since I am not too familiar with Medicare procedures and didn't know how long
it would take to get the new pump, I hedged my bet and got a lot of Animas
supplies in March, just in case!

My third party supplier just told me that since I just ordered supplies (for
the old pump, of course) I cannot order any more supplies (in this case, for
my new pump for THREE MONTHS. So, even though I will get my Tandem later this
month, I cannot get supplies for it until June! So, I will have a new pump I
won't be able to use for months.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Carol
Dx 1988, pumping since 2000