[IP] Re: AARP Medigaps

 While Medigap rates do vary by your zip code, the biggest factor with AARP
prices is how long you've been on Part B. As a George pointed out, unlike other
carriers they are community rated, not age based. Their rep told us at our
annual meeting with Medicare plan reps that they have three price bands - less
than 6 years on Part B, between 6 and 10 years, and more than 10 years. For the
first group it's something like a 30% discount. They also said that their policy
is to be liberal on their underwriting and to be more likely to accept people
who don't have a guaranteed issue right, depending on their situation. They also
said that if you currently have a Medigap with them at a lower level and want to
increase to a higher level, you can. Keep in mind that that's all just what our
northern Calif. rep said and doesn't necessarily reflect the whole country. It
could change at any time too. Even though UHC administers their Medigap, AARP is
actually the carrier and underwriter. This is the opposite of their Advantage
plans where the plans are actually through UHC and they just license the AARP
brand. Pam

Sent from my iPad