Re: [IP] Re: insulin through Part B costs me more

That is the 'beauty' of an AARP Plan - it is "community-rated" unlike all
others which are " Issue-Age-Rated"  So there is a Plan G with AARP managed
by United Healthcare (assumed Zip 30349 - Fulton County)  Premium of
$127.25 a month.  YPremiumMV  :-)  Any Doctor covered by Medicare is
covered by plan.  BTW, I changed to AARP Plan N after being on 3 different
Advantage Plans, No Questions Asked.

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/medigap-home.aspx

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM, Liliana Wells <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> I received a good piece of advice from an agent, who said that if I
> can afford a supplemental or Medigap plan, to do so now.  I have only
> explored Plan F and G so far (G looks best); but may look at others as
> well.  The Medicare Advantage plans look great at first if you don't
> use doctors and meds a lot; but then you look at copays and it starts
> to add up.  Later on, if you feel that you can no longer afford a
> supplemental, you can change to an advantage plan without answering a
> lot of health questions and no limitation on pre-existing conditions
> They only one that will turn you away is if you are end stage renal
> disease and on dyalisis.
>
> Pam is right, take the time to talk to a counselor at your local
> SHIP's office.  call 877-839-2675 and they will give you a local
> number to call your nearest SHIP. office.
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Pam Brown
> <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > That's all good advice, but the only problem for someone already on
> Medicare
> > Advantage is that they might not be able to switch to a Medigap without
> > medical underwriting. When you're new to Medicare you have a Medigap open
> > enrollment period where they have to take you, but after that, barring a
>  > special guaranteed issue period, they can do medical underwriting and
> deny
> you
>
> --
George