Re: [IP] FIASP Insulin

I am one of the original "6%" that had to mix Humalog with Velosulin when I
began pumping in 1998, otherwise sites would go dead in less than 24 hours.
When Novolog came out I switched to it and no longer had to mix but missed
the speed of uptake of Humalog. When Apidra was introduced I thought I had
found my perfect insulin, fast uptake, good duration and no allergy issues.
Last month I did a trial vial of Fiasp and IT IS PERFECT (for me)  Since it
is, in effect, a reformulation of Novolog I have hopes for approval from
CMS but wa all know how that goes. By the time they get around to covering
it.....

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:11 AM, John H <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> From what I have read it varies a lot from person to person.  For some
> people it impacts faster tan Humalog/Novolog and keeps working great.   For
> some people it does this for a while and then stops working as well or can
> be slower than the others.  For some people if causes irritation after a
> while.(Like a month or more)   And I think a lot of people mix it 50/50
> which seems to keep most of the good and avoids the bad.
>
> I am trying it now and it seems to be super insulin on day 1 and then is
> just plain Novolog on days 2 and 3.
>
> So, not all I was hoping for, but this seems to be a classic case of YMMV.
>   The problem is as with all things diabetes, there are just so many
> variables that it is hard to tell
>
> John
>
> --
George