[IP] FIASP insulin

My Endo gave me a prescription for FIASP insulin last week, and I took it
to my Pharmacy Saturday.  I asked them to try to fill it under my insurance
and also under medicare part B.  Today I was advised that but attempts had
been denied, the reason being that I needed pre authorization for buth
insurance and Medicare.

I filed a protest, and insurance quickly replied with a formal denial.
Their reason was that FIASP was not in their formulary.  Since I really
want to get it through Medicare I have not done anything about this.

My situation with Medicare is more interesting.  I have asked my DOC to
find and fix the problem with medicare.  Since I have been getting my
insulin under part B for years I assume this will be resolved.

Time will tell.

If anybody has received this insulin under Part B please post the details,
so that I have more data to fight with.

Thanks,

So I asked
George