[IP] Medicare & Dexcom G5

I'll be getting my new G5 probably Wednesday, can't wait! But one little
detail bothers me about good ol' Medicare...they say we can NOT use any
third-party Apps on our smartphones to monitor our G5s. Why??
Well...Medicare says that "smartphones are not DME, so using them will VOID
any Medicare coverage for a Dexcom and any covered supplied"

This is the same lamebrained reasoning they're using to deny coverage for
the excellent OmniPod system by Insulet which, BTW, I was using before I
hit 65 back 5 years ago.

Poor Dexcom has their lawyers fussing at Medicare to straighten up and fly
right, but who knows how long that will take!

Saddest thing is that Dexcom has developed THEIR OWN App. You would think
that would carry some weight, but...

OK, I'm off my soapbox, but I had to throw my oar in.

Sandy Gerli
Wendell, NC
--
Sent from Sandy's Gmail Mobile