[IP] CareLink Professional Reports and the Medicare CGM Access Act of 2015

 I uploaded my MM-551 pump to CareLink this morning. The reports page now link
to CareLink Pro, the same reports that your healthcare team review with you when
they upload your reports. There is still an option to request the original
CareLink Personal reports.

 I find the Professional version very busy. There is one report that is stamped
for Healthcare Professionals Only, the Episode Summary report. Be prepared for
an interrogation if this report shows any Threshold Suspends! I will be 77 next
month. My endocrinologist and ANP/CDE are very concerned when this happens. In
my mind, this just proves that my Enlite 530G CGM system is working. If I didn't
have this feature, the result could be disastrous. I am thankful that my
Medicare Advantage Plan, Excellus Blue Choice HMO, covers the CGM transmitter
and Enlite sensors with only a 20% copay. I am also aware that many insulin
pumpers who are on Medicare are not able to get CGM coverage.

 The Medicare CGM Access Act of 2015 now has 230 cosponsors for H.R. 1427 or 53%
of 434 House members. The identical Senate version, S.804, has 43 cosponsors out
of 100 senators. The 114th Congress has only a few months remaining before it
permanently adjourns in December. Please call or email your representative in
Congress and two Senators and thank them for their support and/or ask them to do
what they can to bring these bills to the floor for a vote. We can make this
happen!

Thank you.

Jerry Smith
Rochester, NY