Re: [IP] insulin absorption problem

There seems to be some factors that may play into a site failing:
Length of time
Number of units
Location
Site quality (scar tissue, fat/muscle)
Etc

 The absorption thing, & 'insulin leaking out after a set is removed.....perhaps
there's a correlation that also includes a volume?
 Wondering if a person with a higher basal vs one with a very low basal is more
likely to have insulin visible?!

 I KNOW that (FOR ME) the old site staying in for an hour or two helps me with
that 'site change high' syndrome!
 I also know that my insulin does not absorb and/or begin to work very fast
after a meal bolus. :(
 Perhaps my sites ( when working well ) simply absorb lower, & a set removed
immediately after changing to a new set/site are simply still working in
absorbing the already infused insulin? In that case, keeping the old set in
allows that insulin an opportunity I to absorb?

 BTW, I have seen sets removed (caught on whatever!) that leaked insulin several
times!!

MichelleS