Re: [IP] Insulin Pump and Medicare

The good news is that Medicare pays for the insulin, pump, sites, tubing,
reservoirs and meters, and strips.  If you have a supplemental policy, you
have NO out of pocket expense.  I think itbs a good deal even if you have to
send in a test log and the c-peptide test.  You also have to see your
endocrinologist (or the prescribing MD) every three months, but you probably
do that anyway.  And that is also covered.
<email @ redacted,ply.insulin-pumpers.org> wrote:

> Medicare requires the C-peptide before you go on Medicare. I had the test
in
> January 2014 and went "live" with Medicare on April 1, 2014.
>
> I have "traditional" Medicare (A&B), a supplemental, and Medicare D. I had
> hell of a time finding a pharmacy that would sell me insulin and bill Part
B. I
> eventually found a pharmacy 45 minutes away but still can't mail order it.
It

<https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers>
<http://smile.amazon.com/>