Re: [IP] Diabetic Cataract concerns

 I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, over 10 years ago. No one ever
mentioned that I
 could get corrective lenses inserted, however I don't think it would worked for
me as I have
 had extensive laser treatments in my left eye due to retinopathy & my sight is
not good in that
 eye, right eye is fine thank goodness. So it would have been difficult to
decide how to assign
the corrective lenses.

 I had the right (good) eye done 1st & the improvement in my vision was amazing,
it had been
 getting very blurry. The opthamologist wasn't sure how much improvement I would
get in the
left eye,  but I asked to do it & I did get a significant improvement.

 The result is that I still wear bifocals, with computer glases & rrading
glasses etc. I can see
 long distance just can't make out writing far away. The good thing is with the
artificial lenses
 my vision wont change so I only need new glasses when the current ones get
scratched!
When I had it done my A1Cs were between 7 & 8 not that good control.

 A word of warning although for most peiople the procedure is straight forward &
takes about
 10 minutes, something went wrong both times for me & it took about an hour. But
even
 knowing that I am still so glad I had it done. All I can say is thank goodness
I don't have a
3rd eye that needs doing.

Good luck. Get it done as soon as possible, you'll be glad you did.

Annabella