RE: [IP] Diabetic Cataract concerns

Are you saying 6.8 isnt good control ?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:55 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Diabetic Cataract concerns

I wanted to ask the group to share some of your comments  regarding
cataract surgery experiences. My Opthamologist has given me the choice of
visual correction for either  distance, or close up.  The multi lens is out
of the question for someone  with diatetes and glaucoma.  How did you all
pick which visual correction  to make?  Honestly, my vision is still bad
with my prescription glasses, as  they do not correct for distance
sufficiently.  Even with the strongest  readers, I still can not see very
well for close up reading.  The  Opthamologist urges me to wait until I can
no longer function before I  schedule having surgery.  And I am rapidly
approaching that point.
My  A1cs have been around 6.8 for about a year, and to me, it seems that
having a surgical procedure would be better if my diabetes is in somewhat
good control.  I would really appreciate any thoughts you all would be
willing to share.  Thank you!
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org Donate with every purchase
http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)