[IP] Diabetic Cataract concerns

I wanted to ask the group to share some of your comments  regarding
 cataract surgery experiences. My Opthamologist has given me the choice of
visual
correction for either  distance, or close up.  The multi lens is out of the
question for someone  with diatetes and glaucoma.  How did you all pick
which visual correction  to make?  Honestly, my vision is still bad with my
prescription glasses, as  they do not correct for distance sufficiently.  Even
with the strongest  readers, I still can not see very well for close up
reading.  The  Opthamologist urges me to wait until I can no longer function
before I  schedule having surgery.  And I am rapidly approaching that point.
My  A1cs have been around 6.8 for about a year, and to me, it seems that
 having a surgical procedure would be better if my diabetes is in somewhat good
control.  I would really appreciate any thoughts you all would be willing
to share.  Thank you!