[IP] New Knee

Had a partial knee replacement done April 15th.  In at 7:45 and home by 4.  I
walked out of the hospital. Three inch cut, no staples and no surface stiches.
They made me turn off my pump for the two hours I was out.  I made them
promise not to add sugar to my drip.  Went in at 121 and when I got home I was
146.  My knee still doesnbt hurt, but Ibve got swelling from my ankle to
just behind my knee.

The physical therapist comes to my home 3 times a week to supervise stretching
exercises and the nurse comes 2 times a week to document my vitals.  They
wonbt let me drive for another week.

I see the surgeon May 15 for formal discharge and discussion about continuing
PT.

My best friend had a knee replaced 5 years ago and was in the hospital for a
week, off his feet for 3 months and not walking straight for another two
months.  Without complications.  Medicine sure has come a long way in a short
time.  Now if that artificial pancreas would just clear the FDA...

Jeff Gamble
Big Bay Lighthouse B & B
P O Box 3
Big Bay MI 49808