From: Francesca Alfino <email @ redacted>
Date: 04/20/2015  2:32 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP]How do you get taken seriously?

B Looking for suggestions to get things moving.
My lovely auto immune system is extending ill effects to other organs.B  I
have been exhausted for a long time.B  It took another endo on a chance
encounter to determine pernicious anemia.B  But I still feel increasingly
worse despite getting vitamin and iron levels in the normal range on my own.B
According to 'Dr Google',B  I am trying to dx things myself especially since
pernicious anemia has been going on for a number of years during which I was
not heard..
I have all the symptoms of Addison's and have had them for a couple of yearsB
but in trying to get testing done am running into responses that sound to me
like 'well you have been diabetic a long time and are getting old'. The test
is a little more involved then just a blood test and has to be done by an
endo. B  I am so frustrated because the exhaustion is majorly adversely
affecting my life.B B  Also frustrating is that everytime in the past I said
something was wrong, it was.

Cant get into a new endo until the end of June and cant get this one's staff
to schedule the tests. How do you get attention when you need help?B  Are
there magic words?B  Advise welcome.

Francesca
dx 68 pumping 94
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)