[IP] Why do DME providers charge so much?

Hey guys,

have a quick question. I used to get my pump supplies through a pharmacy
(50-50) and it was all ok with my old insurance. They wouldn't pay without
my pharmacy deductible being met, but after a couple of orders, they would
start paying.

Now with a change in insurance, I was told the diabetic pump supplies are
covered under DME and I have to call their preferred provider. I have a
$2000 family deductible. I called various DME suppliers approved by my
insurance such as EdgePark, Byram, and Suburban Medical (in minnesota).

All of them want to charge me so much more. A box of Silhouette infusion
sets is $245 vs $136 at the medtronic site. With my insurance I may end up
paying out of my pocket for all of this. But I don't want to pay $245. $136
is what it is available for.

I asked them to give me their preferred rate, but they said $245 is it!
Is there any strategy around this?

Can I make my insurance provider (Preferred One) work with a company that
is not on their list? Why do they approve these companies that charge
double? Any advice from anyone who has had this issue.

thank you guys