From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of S. Falconer
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 16:42
To: IP
Cc: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] A Bill that could affect us all, and TID support in Tucson

Hi Everyone.  I wanted to announce a few Adult TID events coming up in
Tucson, but even if can't make it, I want to enlist everyone's support for
HR 3710 - Medicare CGM Coverage Act. This YOU TUBE video tells you how
Medicare does not offer CGM coverage for the glucose sensor even if the
individual had insurance coverage for the system before they reached the age
of 65!  Please watch share the video with YOUR friends, and then write two
letters - one to your congress person telling them to support it  Here is a
link to Ron Barber's email if you are in Tucson:
https://barber.house.gov/contact/email-me. If you aren't in Tucson, here is
a link to find your own person to
write: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

You can also write a letter to the Co-Chair of the Congressional Diabetes
Caucus, Rep Diana DeGette (Colorado), who is also the mom of a child with
T1D.
Her staff person is Rachel Stauffer and you can email her at
email @ redacted

So, THAT said, if you are in the Tucson area,remember that the PUMP CLUB
meets at the CareMore clinic on the corner of Speedway and Kolb on the first
Tuesday of every month at 6:30 pm - the next meeting is next Tuesday May 6.
For more information, please let me or Rebecca Gill know

ALSO - The Tucson Type 1 Meet Up Group gets together on the third Thursday
of the month. The next meeting is Thursday May 15 at 6:30pm. This time, we
will be meet at the BTO Frozen Yogurt place, 2721 E. Speedway Blvd, on the
north side of the street.  Here is a LINK to their nutritional information
in case you want it. Email me and let me know if you think you might be able
to make it,

that's it for now...Oh, and my 40th dia-versary is this friday 5/2/1974...so
please have a piece of cake in my honor!!

Sara
My JDRF video - Turn Type One into Type None!