Re: [IP] Dexcom questions

Thanks for the hints!

I put the sensor in at about 9:30 Tuesday morning, so have had it in about
21 hours (I work the midnight shift).  I slept during the day with no
issues or alarms and had the receiver lying on the bed next to my head.  I
showered and I put a piece of plastic wrap on top of the sensor and taped
it on with a couple of pieces of hypafix (not all around but on the top and
a little on the sides.  It didn't keep the sensor dry, and the hypfix
didn't stick very well in the water.  I know the sensor is water resistant
and all that, but I was worried about the tape.  I did dry the tape after
my shower with a blow dryer set on cool.

Once I got to work, I took a good look at it, and I noticed that it was
already getting a bit loose around the edges.  I took a tegaderm hp and cut
a hole the size of the senor and transmitter and stuck it on. It almost
covers all the tape.  With my infusion sets, I put the tegaderm hp down
first and stick the mio through it, but you're not supposed to do that with
the sensor.  I think with the next one, I'll try cutting the hole and
putting the tegaderm down and the sensor tape on top.  With my infusion set
done that way, it sticks like glue even in a pool.

I'm also going to try the flexfit.

Also, the sensor has been very accurate so far.  One low in the 50s, a
couple of hours ago which it got pretty much.

I'm trying to get used to the differences between the dex and the minimed.
I miss the ability to go back and look at acutal sensor readings, though
I'm not sure it's important, just something my controlling nature liked.  I
like the alarm.  It's louder, which is good.  Right now I have it on
normal.  The screen is much easier to read, but I wish the events I put in
would show up on the screen - I liked being to see what was going on in
relation to when I bloused.  Yes, I have that information in my pump, but
it's a different device and more fiddling.

Stacey