Re: [IP] Dexcom questions

 After painting the area with tincture of benzoin ($6 for a bottle that lasts a
year) and letting it dry I insert the sensor and the put on a 4 x 4 piece of
hypafix, right over the D4 transmitter and everything. If I do this when I first
insert it, the hypafix will last until the end of the first week when it starts
to pull away at the corners. (probably because I wear the sensor in the front of
my thighs and wear jeans all the time). My sensors 2+ weeks. But no fear, you
can easily remove just the hypafix and put on a new one. The sensor tape remains
well attached if you do it carefully. I insert the sensor right through the film
of benzoin without problems. The hypafix stays on better if you round the
corners with scissors. Sarah

On Apr 29, 2014, at 8:36 AM, d-d wrote:

 > I'll send you a piece of Opsite that you can just stick on yourself so you
can find out if it itches.

 > I put on the sensor as instructed, then cut 4 narrow strips of Opsite and
tape around the edges. The Dexcom 7+ absolutely refused to work with anything
covering it, and so I've just continued taping around the G4 sensors. I get 2
weeks per sensor, and if I didn't tape, the thing would fall off in 2 days.

> Denise Br.
> :-)
> On 4/29/2014 10:11 AM, Stacey Martin wrote:
>>  I just inserted my first dexcom sensor, and I have a couple of questions. I
 >> heaved send minimed sof sensors and enlites, and I always over taped them.
It