Re: [IP] Dexcom questions

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Susan Lane <
suze0000+email @ redacted> wrote:

> Someone posted a photo of Hypafix and how they cut out a center piece to
> fit around their sensor.  I thought I'd try it and it's amazing.  I made a
> little templet for future use.  I've had it on for at least one week and
> it's sticking beautifully.  No curling up on the edges or anything.  I am
> well into the second week and all is glued down tight.  If you're not
> sensitive to Hypafix, you may want to try it.  I bought the wider option as
> it comes in two widths.  Good luck.  Susan

Here is that photo:
http://api.ning.com/files/Q7mnt3YAl1i9ilQPUWz
*LBVaj4mhzsJV5jC5XrzsdOzj7DUzhS4ltYfMp65t0TKvd3acgHpQGgf*
LO7qHCal3LRMZsp9yHwM/hypafix.jpg

I clean area with alcohol wipes to get rid of dirt etc.
then:
Liquid SkinTac + Hypafix Tape

both super cheap (I used to use skin tac wipes, until someone told me about
the liquid... way less messy and WAY cheaper: I got it for $12.92 with
shipping:
http://search.americandiabeteswholesale.com/search?keywords=50000MS407)
I found Hypafix on amazon for $15: http://tinyurl.com/cq953bt

All this gets them to hold for at least 2 weeks each time, over 3 weeks
most of the time!
I normally will change out the Hypafix halfway through the life of 1 sensor.

Then I use UniSolve Wipes to remove it (which I also use to remove my Mio
insertions sites) so it doesn't get all red and irritated.

I hope this helps, Stacey!

---Firas