[IP] Re: (IP) statins

 YMMV of course, but I've been on a low dose of Lipitor/atorvastatin for about
ten years now with no ill effects. I started on 5 mg then went to 10. My total
cholesterol was always around 180, HDLs around 60, triglycerides around 50. LDLs
had been in the 90-110 range before statins. They're about 60-70 after starting
statins with total chol. dropping to about 160. If I wasn't diabetic my numbers
would have been fine without meds. I too was unsure about taking them but have
had zero problems. Of course I'm on a pretty low dose. Pam