Re: [IP] G4 duration

I have similar issues.  My G4 replacement kit arrived just a couple of
days before Christmas 2013.  I switched to using it (both parts) the
following Wednesday.  Two days later, the transmitter issued its "Low
Battery" warning.  It was very fleeting and I might not have noticed it
at all.  Dexcom sent another transmitter.

Because of the way Minnesota handled the ACA, I haven't gotten any
sensors (or pump supplies either) since October 2013.  Knowing that the
state's insurance program was going to have snafus (and the F in that
acronym does not stand for 'fouled'!), I've been hoarding sensors,
infusion sets, cartridges...

So my sensors are not the freshest.  My receiver has some very touchy
wiring...I push the button and nothing happens.  Get into the screen for
entering BG and it skips past the up/down arrows where the actual entry
is done, so I cancel and start over.  I am seeing many more ????, but
luckily, not until the second week.  I want to get 14 days from each
sensor (sorry, FDA, but you're not paying for my sensors!), so every
time I pull a sensor before two weeks is up, that increases my cost per day.

I rely heavily on my Dex - when I hear 2 beeps, I know that I need at
least 4 units. The G4 is much better than the 7+ in that way. When I
hear 3 beeps, it's time to go test.  At the present time, should I get
into a dispute with my insurance company over the issue of using a CGMS,
if it's not covered, I will consider paying for it myself. If someone
else gets a different system on the market, I will look at it and compare.

Denise Br.